The Alberta Craft Council is the Provincial Arts Service Organization that develops, promotes and advocates for fine craft in Alberta. Since 1980, the ACC has promoted craft in Alberta through exhibitions, publications, marketing ventures, education, awareness projects and information services to its membership and to the general public. The ACC has a dual role: to support contemporary and heritage crafts as significant art forms that contribute to Alberta’s culture; and to develop a craft sector of creative, skilled, viable and sustainable craftspeople, studio, businesses and networks.
The ACC operates the only public gallery in the province dedicated to exhibiting craft arts and is Edmonton’s second largest public gallery. The ACC organizes 15-20 exhibitions each year and runs a Gallery Shop that markets work from about 130 professional and emerging crafts people and craft artists.
The Alberta Ukrainian Dance Association was founded in 1983 to help service the needs of the Ukrainian Dance Community. With its inception, the association had the following objectives in mind:
• To serve as a liaison in the Ukrainian Dance Community
• To respond to requests for assistance from dance groups and instructors
• To promote Ukrainian heritage
• To give advice to Ukrainian dance groups in Alberta
• To help provide information through conferences and workshops
• To collect and distribute information on Ukrainian dance